Physiotherapists are human movement specialists who aim to address not only the symptoms of a particular injury, but address the underlying driving factor that causes it.
Physiotherapy utilises a variety of techniques include massage, joint mobilisation, manipulation, taping, heat/cold therapy, acupuncture/dry needling, stretching and strengthening exercises to help relieve pain and regain full function of your musculoskeletal system.
Physiotherapists have an important role in rehabilitation that can range from the most basic of tasks, such as relearning to walk post operation or stroke, to returning to elite level sport after a muscle/ligament tear.
Physiotherapy can help any condition that affects your muscles, joints, ligaments, discs or nerves such as:
- Back and Neck Pain, including whiplash
- Shoulder, Elbow and Hand Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Muscle Tears and Sprain
- Chronic Pain
- Work Related Injury (Workcover Accredited)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
- Pre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Chest conditions (asthma,cystic fibrosis, COPD)
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
The physiotherapists at Movement Medicine physiotherapy Clinic understand first hand what it is like to be sidelined from the sport you love. We recognize that time is of the essence, as with all injuries, but even more so in a competitive environment with the demands of elite sports.
With a background in exercise and sports science our physiotherapist’s are able to accurately assess, diagnose and treat any of your sports injuries in the shortest possible length of time as well as design an appropriate return to play program to avoid reinjury and ensure a safe and durable return to sport.
Not only do we offer our services in injury management but we also love becoming an integral part of the team throughout the entiriety of the season.
Additional services we offer for your sporting team:
- Pre season screening
- Sport specific injury prevention talks
- Sports coverage for game day and mid week training
- Pre game strapping
- Locating appropriate protective equipment for your athletes e.g. splints and braces